Information and resources related to the Government of Canada's work to improve equality for 2SLGBTQI+ communities through the promotion of human rights and the development of inclusive federal policies, programs and laws.
Services and information
Federal 2SLGBTQI+ Action Plan... Building our future with pride
Taking a holistic approach to addressing inequities faced by 2SLGBTQI+ communities, the Federal Action Plan was developed based on insights from an extensive engagement process.
Federal 2SLGBTQI+ Action Plan: An ongoing commitment to action
Find out details of the implementation progress of the Action Plan since its launch on August 28, 2022.
Learn more about the 2SLGBTQI+ Secretariat.
Pride Season refers to the wide range of pride events that take place over the summer when 2SLGBTQI+ communities and allies come together to spotlight the resilience, celebrate the talent, and recognize the contributions of 2SLGBTQI+ communities.
Apology to LGBTQ2 communities
Find out about the Prime Minister's official apology.
Find Government programs that provide financial support, including for 2SLGBTQI+ services, organizational capacity and research.
Expungement of convictions and 2SLGBTQI+ commemoration
Request to have your records expunged and find out how you can share your story.
LGBT Purge Settlement Class Action
Get information on the final settlement agreement and compensation for eligible class members.
Modernizing the Government of Canada's sex and gender information practices
List of initiatives to ensure programs and policies are more inclusive of transgender, non-binary and two-spirit people.
Review the latest news related to the work of the Government of Canada on 2SLGBTQI+ inclusion.
Related Information on 2SLGBTQI+ issues
Rights in Canada
Current rights and evolving legislation with regards to sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
- Canadian human rights commission
- Rights of LGBTI persons
- An Act to amend the Criminal Code (conversion therapy)
- Bill C-6: An Act to amend the Criminal Code (conversion therapy)
- Bill C-8: An Act to amend the Criminal Code (conversion therapy)
- Bill C-16: An Act to amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code
- Bill C-32: An Act related to the repeal of section 159 of the Criminal Code
- Bill C-66: An Act to establish a procedure for expunging certain historically unjust convictions and to make related amendments to other Acts
The Government of Canada is actively promoting and working to ensure respect of 2SLGBTQI+rights on the international stage.
Health and safety
Tips to ensure 2SLGBTQI+members’ health and safety at home and abroad.
Federal Public Service
If you are a public service employee, there are many resources and programs offered across the federal public service. Additional resources can be found on your departmental intranet, on GCIntranet, GCpedia, GCconnex and on GCcollab.
Facts and figures
- Labour and economic characteristics of LGB people in Canada
- 2SLGBTQI+ terminology - Glossary and common acronyms
- Centre for Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Statistics
- Gender-based Analysis Plus (GBA+)
- Gender and sex at birth variables
- Social isolation of seniors: A focus on LGBTQ seniors in Canada
- Police-reported hate crime, 2020
- A statistical portrait of Canada's diverses LGBTQ2+ communities
- Gender diversity status of couples: New information in the 2021 Census
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: